June 5, 2013

Blogger!

How are you dear old chap? *ruffles non-existent hair*
I don't know even know why I type on here like blogger is person. But whatever. *shrugs shoulders*

There's particular pet-peeves that I'd like to rant about. Hopefully someone out there in this extraordinary world of the internet will be able to relate to me. If you do, comment on this post. It'll be nice to know that I'm not alone thinking these things. But if I am, hey .. I guess you can add that to my: "What makes me different" list.
  • Self-centred characteristics. 
    Now this gets to me so badly, it's not even funny. I'm not meaning to brag or whatever but it's both a good and bad thing that I put others before myself. I actually find myself taking care of people than people taking care of me. And what gets to me is when people say: "I want..." It's not bad to desire for things but there are particular times when it's just not good.

    An example of this was when 3 of my other friends and I went to the shops just across our school. We walk into Woolworths to stock up on some food. Knowing that two of my friends didn't bring money, I said: "pick anything you want, I'll shout you guys." They picked out what they wanted and made sure it was share size (these we're lollies btw). So that everyone could have a bit of everything. Then my other friend, knowing they had money, just said ...aw "I want to have this .." And got this small thing .. just for himself. Only paid for himself. Did not offer to pay for anyone else, hardly does. And they have a job! Nothing to share? Okay.

    This may not seem like such a huge deal, there are more moments but I don't wanna drag on this point. So yeah. But going deeper, I love God so I love people. And I wanna do whatever I can in my more to take care of them. This is where that pet-peeve was based on.
  • Bragging Egos
    Again this one gets to me even more. Cause it tests the humility of that person. I understand that if that person usually doesn't get high rankings or they just get a really good mark, they'll be happy. They want to share their joy. That's great. To an extent.

    Please don't brag about it, don't be egotistical with it. Like, I honestly find it unnecessary for someone to post up what they got on a test or assessment if they did really well. I mean, yeah congratulations but truth is no one will really care. It's in our own human nature that we do think about "me me me" from time to time. I just think that a simple, 'yay! Got good with my exam' would be enough to suffice the sharing of joy.

    Or when someone knows that they're really good at something and they just take over. Like. PUH-LEASE. We get it, you're good. No need to rub it into peoples faces. This tends to happen in music. Oh mannnnnn .. 


That's all I have to rant about. Thank you for reading.
Espedida x